01.10 - 30.04
~ 6 hours
✔️ Moderate hiking
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish Nature
✔️ WiFi free zone
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Transportation during journey
✔️ Customized 2-5 km hiking adventure
✔️ Lunch by open fire
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Winter jacket and comfortable pants
- Sturdy shoes and warm socks
- Camera and drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
Entrance to Korouoma national park in winter
Beautiful hiking in snowy Korouoma National park
"Charlie brown" waterfall in Korouoma canyon
Korouoma canyon map at the entrance
Beautiful snowy tree, Korouoma, frozen waterfalls
Hello, my name is Alex, i'll be your guide today :)
About this tour
See picturesque frozen waterfalls in Korouoma National Park and join us for a guided hike through wintery Finnish landscapes.
If you ever wanted to visit a frozen kingdom, this is your time! The Korouoma National Park looks beautiful in winter, and it's a perfect place to relax, recharge, and reset.
We will start our winter hike with a hotel pick up. Korouoma National Park is located in the municipality of Posio, and it spreads for 30 km. This long valley is a popular location for hikers year round, but in winter, it has an even bigger appeal. In addition to the snowglobe-like scenery, there are massive frozen waterfalls that will make you feel like you are in a fairytale.
The hike is moderate, but you will need to dress up in warm clothes, sturdy shoes and to be prepared for a unique experience. Don't forget to bring your camera, because Korouoma Canyon in winter looks like it's out of this world. The hike is 2-5 km long, and we will follow the official park trail. In the middle of our journey we will stop to rest at the camp. We will show you real Finnish survival skills including how to make fire in the snow, chop firewood, and light up fire for lunch! We will have some tea and lunch, before we continue to the finish line. Please note, that this tour is not suitable for young children. Recommended age 4+ y.o.