01.12 - 01.04
~ 4 hours
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ Traditional Lappish Reindeer farm
✔️ Take awesome photos that you'll cherish forever
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Glide through snow, along forest and frozen lake
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking Aurora expert
✔️ A visit to a traditional Finnish reindeer farm
✔️ ~3 km reindeer ride & Aurora hunting program
✔️ International Reindeer Driving License
✔️ Snacks and drinks by the open fire
✔️ Northern lights (if we’re lucky and if the weather’s right)
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Outdoor winter clothing, winter shoes, woolen socks
- Camera & tripod
- Northern Lights season September - April
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
Experience the thrill of Northern Lights hunting with reindeer sleigh. This is the adventure of a lifetime!
Reindeer sleigh ride is an essential Finish experience. Feel the thrill of skimming through snowfields, and get your Reindeer Driving license!
We start our adventure with a hotel pick up and a 20 minutes’ drive to the Sierijarvi Reindeer farm, one of the oldest farms in the region. The farm is located in the forested area just at the edge of a large lake. During the winter the lake is frozen, so you can see the ice crystals twinkling under the midnight sky.
The reindeers and their herders live on the farm. They will be happy to show you around. See where animals live and learn more about safety measures. After we go through the safety management it's time for a reindeer sleigh ride.
While chasing northern lights is our primary goal, there are no guarantees that we will see the lights. Nature is unpredictable so we can't make any promises of actually seeing northern lights. On your exciting reindeer sleigh ride, you will experience firsthand the beauty of Lappish nature. The ride is 2.5-3 km long. It's moderately fast so it's suitable for all ages. Please dress warmly because it gets cold in the evening.
All guests will receive a Reindeer Driving License to manage the reindeer team. Although symbolic, this license is a great souvenir. We will spend the rest of our evening at the farm, chatting by an open fire. In a traditional Finnish house, with snacks and refreshments, you will have an opportunity to learn more about reindeer herding and living in the countryside.