Chase the perfect photo of the Northern Lights with an experienced guide. You’ll get all the equipment you need, help setting up and using the camera, and transfers to 2-3 picturesque locations.
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Northern lights hunt
✔️ Small group experience
15.09 - 01.04
~ 4 hours
~21:00 or 22:00
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Hunting the Northern Lights is amazing. Hunting the Northern Lights with an experienced guide and professional DSLR camera is even better. Yes, the photographer is good!
This tour starts with you being collected from your accommodation in Central Rovaniemi. From here, you’ll be driven 15-30 minutes out of Rovaniemi to the first Northern Lights hunting location. Your guide handpicks the location each night depending on the Northern Lights forecast and the weather. But expect to be treated to sites like secluded frozen lakes surrounded by silent, wintry forests or adorable riverside huts with expansive views of the Northern skies.
The small group sizes means you’ll get tons of time with the guide, so you can ask as many questions as you wish about the best settings for the best pictures.
You’ll get to enjoy tasty sausages cooked over an open campfire as you wait for the lights or between photos (depending on the weather conditions). Hot drinks are also provided, so you’ll be kept warm in the chilly conditions. Be sure to dress for the cold weather though - sausages and hot beverages only go so far.
You’ll head to different locations throughout the night. The time spent in transit is the perfect time for you to ask your guide about the local lifestyle, Nordic myths and legends related to the Northern Lights. They’re sure to know plenty of stories!
The few locations you travel to will vary depending on the weather, but they will always be beautiful. So even though we can’t guarantee you will see the Northern Lights, you’ll still have plenty of spectacular scenery to photograph throughout the evening. Your guide can help you capture incredible photos in the low light.
After about 3-4 hours of Northern Lights hunting and photography, you’ll get back into the minivan and make your way back to your accommodation in Rovaniemi.
PLEASE NOTE :
Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari!
We highly recommend that you bring your own DSLR camera to our tours, as we cannot guarantee that you are able to take night photos with compact or phone cameras.
On those nights when we are unable to find Northern Lights because of heavy clouding or snowfall, we will concentrate on night photography in the middle of the Arctic nature and take you to some of our night photography locations! This is night photography tour to hunt for the Northern Lights and is not cancelled if the weather in Rovaniemi city is cloudy.
Depending on each night weather conditions, we might sometimes use same locations with other teams to maximizes our chances to see the Northern Lights.
✔️ Northern lights (if we’re lucky and if the weather’s right)
✔️ Hot drinks and cookies
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Camera & tripod
✔️ Warm layers
✔️ Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Northern Lights season September - April
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions