Experience snowmobile driving while travelling at night through the magical arctic wilderness. Given extra light by the white snow reflection or the stars and the moon, we follow the snowmobile trails away from city lights and look for a place to admire the sky.
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Northern lights hunt
✔️ Use of winter clothes to keep warm
✔️ The tour is family friendly
01.12 - 01.04
19:00 or 20:00
ABOUT THIS TOUR
The guide will light a campfire and we can enjoy a picnic while waiting for the northern lights to appear. Relax around the warmth of the fire as we grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages, drink Lappish berry juice and listen to stories of northern lights. For taking good photos in the darkness you can bring your tripod for your camera.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations.
The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes.
The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations.
Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge.
The tour is suitable for families with children; children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. We recommend having an early dinner in the hotel before the departure.
Please note: Northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
✔️ Riding approx 1h40min
✔️ Northern lights (if lucky!)
✔️ Arctic outer clothing
✔️ Safety and driving instructions
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Hot drinks and cookies
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Driving License
⚡ Warm layers
- Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- Snowmobile safaris start and end at Wild Nordic office located in Santa Claus Village. If you wish, you can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa after the safari.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 person paying a full price. The prices includes transfers from Rovaniemi city center and the use of thermal outdoor clothing during the safari.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woollen socks, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all the activities which involve snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy and photos are suitable.
- All snowmobiles are insured, liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900€. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for 15€ you can reduce your self liability to 150€.
- If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you a quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
- The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 3 days notice – full refund, 20€ cancellation fee will be charged.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event