Join this tour to experience a wonderful afternoon combining snowmobiling and ice fishing. You will start by driving away from the busiest tracks near Santa Claus Village, led by your guide.
✔️ Once in a lifetime experience
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Use of winter clothes to keep warm
01.12 - 31.03
~ 3 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
After following the forest tracks to one of the frozen lakes or rivers, the guide will signal a longer break and it is time to test your luck at ice fishing, the favourite hobby of many laplanders. Ice fishing equipment is unpacked and after a little walk on the ice, you will learn how to drill a hole and set your fishing hook. You will also have the chance to grill sausages and enjoy hot juice around the campfire. After packing the ice fishing equipment back on snowmobiles it is time to head towards Santa Claus Village again.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
✔️ Riding approx 1h40min
✔️ Arctic outer clothing
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Driving License
✔️ Warm layers
- Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- Snowmobile safaris start and end at Wild Nordic office located in Santa Claus Village. If you wish, you can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa after the safari.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 person paying a full price. The prices includes transfers from Rovaniemi city center and the use of thermal outdoor clothing during the safari.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woollen socks, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all the activities which involve snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy and photos are suitable.
- All snowmobiles are insured, liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900€. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for 15€ you can reduce your self liability to 150€.
- If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you a quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
- The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.