This snowmobile safari is specialized for families with little children.
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Ride 15 kilometers through the Lappish landscape
✔️ Use of winter clothes to keep warm
✔️ The tour is family friendly
01.12 - 31.03
~ 3 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
We will go for the ride on the forest trails around Santa Claus Village area, where parents can ride their own snowmobile and children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price.
You will enjoy the beautiful wintery scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature. After adult-snowmobiling, it is time for children to have more fun. We arrive at a special area, where it is safe for children to ride on their own on a mini-snowmobile. Self-riding is suitable for children up to 11 – 12 years; small kids will be helpedby the guide. At the same time the guide will light up a bonfire and we will enjoy a picnic where everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages and enjoy Lappish berry juice to keep you warm.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
✔️ Riding approx 1h40min
✔️ A mini-snowmobile ride for children in a safe area (5 - 10 minutes) and a bonfire picnic with grilled sausages and hot Lappish berry juice. The duration of these activities is 1 hour.
✔️ Arctic outer clothing
✔️ Safety and driving instructions
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes
✔️ Thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
✔️ Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Driving License
⚡ Warm layers
- Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- Snowmobile safaris start and end at Wild Nordic office located in Santa Claus Village. If you wish, you can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa after the safari.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 person paying a full price. The prices includes transfers from Rovaniemi city center and the use of thermal outdoor clothing during the safari.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woollen socks, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all the activities which involve snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy and photos are suitable.
- All snowmobiles are insured, liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900€. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for 15€ you can reduce your self liability to 150€.
- If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you a quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
- The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 3 days notice – full refund, 20€ cancellation fee will be charged.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event