~ 4 hours
~13:00 and 17:00
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Year around guaranteed daily departures
✔️ Wi-Fi free zone
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ English speaking guide
✔️ Firewood sauna experience 2 hours
✔️ Arctic Lake swimming (ice-swimming in Winter time)
✔️ Towels, slippers for the sauna
✔️ Dinner cooked on the open fire
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
✔️ *Northern Lights (Oct. - Mar), if lucky and weather is right
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming suit
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- ⚠️Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- Northern Lights season September - April
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
Winter, summer, midnight or evening, the joy of sauna bathing is a totally delightful event.
Sauna bathing has become such a deeply ingrained Finnish tradition that not even the difficult circumstances have been able to interrupt or alter it. It is a part of Finnish culture, customs and social pattern, passed inevitably from one generation to the next.
The sauna effect is created by making the body hot throughout, almost like simulation a fever. This high temperature, coupled with the tranquil view and the later breathing of the stimulation lake air creates the benevolent effect always associated with sauna.
The greatest time to see the Northern Lights is between October and April. You need fair skies, pitch black nights and some luck to see the dancing lights in the sky. To make the entire experience extraordinary we will take you a traditional Finnish sauna on a private Arctic lake. Let's make this an adventure of a lifetime!
While we wait for the lights we will prepare the sauna. Once the sauna is all set up it's your time to relax. Let the heat purify your body as the mellow wintery magic of Lapland purifies your soul. Let go of the stress and enjoy the presence of your loved ones. While we do our best to prepare you for an evening in the wilderness, it's up to you decide how you want to spend your time. The classic Nordic way is to spend 10-15 minutes in the sauna and then jump into ice cold water, or even a big pile of crystal white snow! A cold plunge after a steamy session increases your blood flow, relieves pressure and boosts up your endorphin levels! After this unique Finnish spa experience, it's time to get back to our little cozy wooden cottage to enjoy Blazed salmon dinner by a fireplace.
The Northern Lights hunting is one of the most popular things to do in Finland. Seeing flickering shades of blue, green, violet and sometimes even crimson red is one of the most epic adventures you can have. Aurora sights are never guaranteed, as nature is unpredictable. So, that makes this experience even more special. The thrill of the chase, an amazing sauna experience and a traditional dinner in a wooden cottage by the private arctic lake are what we call The best of Lapland.