~ 3.5 hours
12:30 or 17:30
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Year around guaranteed daily departures
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ English speaking guide & host
✔️ Firewood sauna experience ~2 hours
✔️ Arctic Lake swimming & ice hole winter swimming
✔️ Towels, slippers for the sauna
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
✔️ Northern Lights (Evening departures Oct. - Mar.)
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Bathing suit!
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the adventure
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
Relaxing by the fireplace
Are you ready to try?
Frozen Langonlampi lake
Welcome to our home!
Wooden sauna in the middle of nowhere
Frozen lake, are you ready for extreme temperatures?
Ice swimming at Winter, refrrrresh yourself!
Finnish sauna - opposite of cold!
Private arctic lake, perfect for cooling down
Traditional wood burned sauna
Our cozy cottage, with fireplace and lounge
About this tour
This is not a typical tour of Lapland as we are not a typical tour company. We strive to give you an authentic experience that you can't get anywhere else. As we open our home to you we invite you to discover the true colors of Finland.
Our home is located on a private land, 22km away from the lovely town of Rovaniemi. Surrounded by picturesque landscapes and postcard-perfect scenery on the lake shore, our home is a truly unique place. The tour starts with hotel pickup. We usually drive a minivan as we specialize in small group tours only, to ensure a private experience. Once we arrive at the destination we will start with the authentic wood-burning sauna. When we say authentic - we really mean it! Our sauna dates back to the times when it was used as a smoke sauna. You can still smell the smoke! However, nowadays we heat up the stones in a wood fire.
Once the sauna is ready it's your time to unwind. Listen to the fire crackling in the wood stove as the heat slowly rises from the stones. Sauna is the place of freedom where you can let go of the stress and immerse in the radiating power of heat. Our guide will teach you how to safely cool down, as you jump into the icy water in the private lake! Yes, we go Arctic lake swimming after a sauna session. In winter time you can also jump into the snow! Once you're cooled down, it's time to get back in the sauna. The process is repeated until you feel completely refreshed. This hot and cold sauna practice boosts your immunity and does wonders for your soul.
There’s a part of the sauna called the “air bath”, that great gasp after you leave the hot interior and fill your lungs with the fresh outside air. It is this refreshing after-effect with adds the final bouquet to the art of sauna. Sitting by the fire gives one a refreshing feeling at the end of the week and makes one look forward to bath after bath after batch.
After the sauna and swimming in the icy water, it's time for snacks. We will gather around the fireplace and enjoy refreshing snacks before we pack up and hit the road to drop you off at your hotel.