~ 5 hours
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Year around guaranteed daily departures
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Entrance tickets
✔️ Buffet Lunch
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Camera & drinking water
- Umbrella and mosquito repellent (if needed)
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
The wolverine breeds in the northern hemisphere around the globe. The population, however, is sparse and constantly declining. Majority of the wolverines in Finland live in the northern and eastern parts of the country. In the 1980’s and -90’s wolverines were introduced to the central and western parts of Finland. The wolverine prefers conifer forests and mountainous areas. Its main nutrition consists of carrion, but it may also prey on reindeer and other smaller mammals. It may take advantage of the offal of a moose, and it enjoys berries in the woods also. Wolverines are extremely mobile and they have a large habitat. They can travel even 50 km in a day. The solitary wolverine is mainly night-active.
The fish otter, common otter or the Eurasian otter is found in the waterways and on the coasts in Europe, Asia and Africa. In Finland it can be found throughout the country, though less often on the south-western coastlines. The common otter needs waterways, lakes and rivers, as its habitat. Their webbed feet, slender body structure, and long tail foretell of great aquatic adaptation, they also close their ears and nostrils while diving under water. The common otter is mainly dusk and night-active, preferring a solitary existence in its territory. It feeds on frogs, crayfish, waterbird’s eggs and young ones as well as fish.
Snowy nature trail in Ranua wildlife park
Polar bears in Ranua Zoo
Brown bear Ranua zoo
Nature trail, 3km hike
About this tour
Do you want to see arctic animals in their natural habitat in the picturesque forests of Lapland? Join us for a guided tour of Ranua Zoo - the northernmost zoo in the world.
We will take you to see 50 different animal species, including the only polar bears in Finland. We organize the entire trip - from transportation to tickets, the only thing you need to do is have fun.
We start the tour with hotel pick up. Depending on the group size, you can expect a minivan or a small bus. We specialize in small private tours, but if you're coming with a big group, we are more than happy to accommodate you all.
Ranua Wildlife Park is located in one-hour drive from the town of Rovaniemi in an Arctic forest. In the summer you can see the nature bustling with life. You can see polar bears, gray wolves, geese, owls, foxes, lynxes, minks and brown bears playing in the forest. On this unique tour, you can see them bathe, eat and groom. After a guided zoo tour where you'll learn about animals and life in Lapland, we will sit down for a tasty buffet lunch. Depending on the schedule and how much time we have left, we will visit official Fazer sweets shop and souvenir shops.