01.12 - 22.04
~ 6 hours
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Family friendly
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ An easygoing experience - no special skills required!
✔️ Wi-Fi free zone
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Snow train return transfer
✔️ Amethyst mine entrance tickets
✔️ Guided amethyst mine tour
✔️ One amethyst stone per person
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Camera and drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Maximum group size is 16 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
Visit the magnificent Lampivaara Amethyst Mine located in the middle of a gorgeous Pyhä-Luosto national park. Ride in the snow train and dig your own amethyst stone.
This winter we take you to an incredible experience where you can dig your own precious amethyst stone. Visit the Lampivaara Amethyst Mine, take a ride on the snow train and enjoy the view from the top of the Pyhä-Luosto national park.
We start this private tour with a hotel pickup. To get to Lampivaara we will board a snow train called Amethyst Pendolino. This is a cozy wagon pulled by a powerful snow machine. It takes about one and half hours to get there, so we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other. On a way to Lampivaara Amethyst Mine, you will learn more about the history of Europe's only active amethyst mine. Over 200 million years old, this mine is still active and open even in wintertime.
Every visitor will have an opportunity to dig the amethyst themselves. If you happen to find one, no bigger than the size of your palm, you get to keep it as a souvenir.
After mining, we will cozy up in a warm wooden hut where you'll have a chance to learn about the geology of this area and find out more about this purple gemstone. Some Finnish legends say that amethysts gemstone can help you remember your dreams! It has healing powers too! Help yourself to snacks and warm berry juice while you listen to local legends. Our last stop before we head back is a short visit to the Amethysts shop where you can purchase jewelry and other artifacts made with this precious stone.