✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ An easygoing experience - no special skills required!
✔️ Year around guaranteed daily departures
✔️ Northern Lights seasons is during 01.10 - 01.04
✔️ Midnight sun seasons is during 25.05 - 25.07
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Ranua zoo entrance tickets
✔️ Buffet lunch
✔️ Firewood Finnish sauna experience
✔️ Winter arctic ice swimming / Summer arctic lake swimming
✔️ Towels, slippers for the sauna
✔️ Dinner cooked on open-fire
✔️ Arctic Lake floating in thermal rescue suits
✔️ Northern Lights, if lucky
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming suit
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- Small group experience guaranteed. Max. group size is 8 people.
- Northern Lights season September - April
- Midnight sun season June - August
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
Get ready for a full day adventure tour which includes only the best Lappish experiences you can imagine! Visit Ranua Wildlife park, go to a traditional Lappish wood burning sauna, try floating in a private lake and see Northern lights or Midnight Sun.
This is our ultimate Lappish adventure where we'll try to show you the best of Lapland in just one day. Our day starts with hotel pick up and a one hour drive to Ranua Wildlife Park. In the summer you can expect to see animals playing in their natural habitat, and during the winter find them playing in the snow! There are over 50 animal species in this Zoo. See polar bears, gray wolves, geese, owls, foxes, lynxes, minks and brown bears, and learn more about their lives in the Arctic circle. A walk through the Wildlife park will take several hours (trail is approx. 3km long).
Following our wildlife safari is lunch (buffet style) after which we'll take a drive to our true Lappish Hideaway. The trip does not take more than 40 minutes.
Finland is lakes, thousands of lakes. It's to the lake, where the Finn escapes during spring, summer and fall and it's by the lake where he most enjoys his sauna. It's here that he peels off the restlessness and tension of city life with a "cooking" in the sauna and a breathtaking plunge in the lake. You are welcome to our private arctic lake!
Traditional Finnish Sauna, built among the pine trees where the smell of natural resin can join the löyly (steam) to fill the lungs with a pure and healthy scent. The Finnish sauna is praised for its rejuvenating powers and health benefits. By interchanging hot and cold temperatures, i.e. warming up in the sauna and then jumping in the icy water, you improve your circulation, skin, and pump up the adrenaline! Intrigued? Your turn to try it!
After the sauna we will enjoy traditional Finnish dinner, set up an open fire, and chit chat.
It’s time to prepare for the last part of this adventure - floating in a private lake under the Lappish sky.
In the summer season, you will float in a lake under the midnight sun, as we have polar days here with white nights. We will dress you up in rescue floating suits made of light, waterproof material that will keep you dry and warm. In the winter, you will float in an ice hole (lake is frozen!) and let yourself loose while you enjoy the starry nights and possible sights of Aurora Borealis. Winter time is a great time to see Northern lights, and there is no better way of seeing them, then floating in the icy lake!
This all-day adventure lasts for 9+ hours, and it shows you the most fabulous fun Lapland has to offer. If you want to make the most of your time in Rovaniemi, this full day tour is an excellent choice.Keep in mind that we will do our best to make you comfortable, warm and entertained, but there's one thing we can't promise you - seeing Northern lights. Nature is unpredictable and Northern lights sights are not guaranteed. That's why our tour is so fantastic; you won't feel sad if you miss the frolicking lights in the sky.
According to the statistics compiled by the Finnish Meteorological Institute, four nights out of five are illuminated by Northern lights in Northern Finland providing that the sky is free enough from clouds. The Northern Lights season in Finnish Lapland spans from late-August until early April.