We won't overburden your schedule, we will just make sure that you see the best Rovaniemi has to offer. See the rare arctic animals in the wonderful Ranua Zoo, spend some time shopping, and finish the evening in a relaxing Finnish sauna followed by an open fire Dinner!
✔️ Arctic Animals
✔️ Meals are included
✔️ Full day adventure
✔️ Finnish sauna
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ The tour is family friendly
~ 9 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
The reason we love full day tours is that we get a chance to show you the best of the best in just one day! We won't overburden your schedule, we will just make sure that you see the best Rovaniemi has to offer. See the rare arctic animals in the wonderful Ranua Zoo, spend some time shopping, and finish the evening in a relaxing Finnish sauna followed by an open fire dinner. If you're looking for a traditional Lappish day trip, this tour is a perfect fit for you.
We will pick you up at your hotel or apartment and head out to Ranua Zoo, the northernmost zoo in the world! Entrance fees are included in the price, so all you have to do is sit back and relax for one hour until it's time to meet the animals. The zoo is located in the Ranua Wildlife Park, where animals feel like home. 🦊 Here you can see arctic foxes, polar bears (the only ones in Finland), minks, otters, geese and 50 other northern animal species 🐻.
We will take time to meet the animals and walk approximately 2.5km through magical Lappish forest 🌲. Just as we start to get chilly, we will head to the cozy restaurant to enjoy delicious lunch. After lunch, our professional local guide will help you get around and show you the best souvenir shops and places where you can buy authentic Lapland products.
We continue our Lappish wilderness experience by taking you to the traditional wood-burning sauna. The trip to our private forest Sauna will take no more than 45 minutes.
Once we get there we will teach you how to fire up a Finnish sauna and how to make the most of your magical time in the North. Part of the joy of sauna is the cutting of wood for the kiuas (heater). The healthful exercise in addition to sauna gives a more desirable löyly (steam) as well as muscular stimulation. Building the fire increases the pleasure of sauna. Kiuas, or heater 🔥, the heart of Finnish sauna, and that it characteristically gives each sauna its own personality.
Once the sauna is ready it's your time to relax. After a few minutes in the sauna, it's time to jump in the private ❄️Arctic lake to cool down 🏊. Then, you repeat the whole process again. Interchanging warm and cold intervals has many health benefits.
Whether it's your first time in the sauna, or you're used to blowing off some steam, what we have here is once in a lifetime experience.
Lakes in Finland are frozen quite a long time in a year: in Lapland usually seven, in Central Finland five and in Southern part of the country at least four months. But this is not a barrier to winter swimming - we have an ice hole ready for your! Our guides will tell you how to do this procedure in the safest way!
Health is a most important gift. It is a becoming more and more evident that sauna bathing is a necessity rather than a luxury or status symbol. The Finnish sauna stimulates the flow of blood through every vessel is the body and accelerates the excretion of poisonous wasters from the body in the form of sweat. Heat and cooling, washing and relaxation, health and safety, moderation and personal convenience – all these are important considerations when visiting this tour!
Traditional Finnish firewood Sauna have an invigorating, rejuvenating, and tempering effect, while cleansing the body, refreshing the spirit and giving the feeling of complete well-being which is always the result of a good sauna session.
Once the hot and cold sauna experience is done it's time to cuddle up in the cottage and help yourself to some tasty Blazed salmon cooked over an open fire.
Our wooden cottage, you are welcome :)
Sauna - the opposite of cold ❄️
Our traditional wooden Sauna
Frozen lake Langonlampi
Steam room 🧖♂️
Dinner in wooden Finnish house
✔️ Buffet lunch in the restaurant
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
✔️ Entrance tickets
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Unforgettable experience and only positive emotions
✔️ Hot drinks and cookies
✔️ *Northern Lights (Oct. - Mar), if lucky and weather is right, evening departure ONLY
✔️ Dinner cooked on the open fire
✔️ Towels, slippers for the sauna
✔️ Arctic Lake swimming (ice-swimming in Winter time)
✔️ Firewood sauna experience 2 hours
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Swimming suit
⚡ Suitable footwear
❌ Swimming suit
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- Northern Lights seasons is during 01.10 - 01.04
- Midnight sun seasons is during 25.05 - 25.07
- Northern Lights/Midnight sun are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the adventure
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 48 hours notice – full refund, 20 € cancellation fee will be charged.
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice – 100% from the total amount to be charged.