01.12 - 01.04
- Snowshoeing in deep snow
- Small groups
- Tranquil setting
- Digital detox
- Picturesque scenery
- 3-hour-long tour
- Return transfers
- Warm clothing provided
- Snowshoe hike tailored for your skills
- Hot drinks and grilled sausages
- Storytelling and guiding in English
- *Lunch by a fire in a Traditional Finnish Kota/Tipi
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Winter jacket and comfortable pants
- Sturdy shoes and warm socks
- Camera and drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Maximum group size is 16 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
This tour is perfect for those wanting to try out snowshoeing in a more authentic setting. Snowshoes have been used in Lapland for centuries as a form of transport. Trying them out for yourself in a peaceful forest away from the city is the most authentic way to get a feel for snowshoes.
You’ll be picked up from your accommodation in Central Rovaniemi and driven in a comfortable minivan to a picturesque forest about 30 minutes away. After you arrive, your guide will set you up with warm outerwear and your snowshoes. You’ll get some instructions about how to put them on and how to use them - don’t worry, you don’t need any special skills (except balance) to use the snowshoes.
The snowshoeing location is away from all of the nearest roads so you’ll get to truly experience the wintry wilderness. Forget about your phone, your work and any other stressors and concentrate on the dazzling Lappish forest you’re hiking through.
During the trip there will be a break to make an open fire where we enjoy hot drink and sweet buns in the lovely wintry atmosphere.
Kindly note, this program is suitable for children minimum 12 years old.