This short and sweet hike is a perfect choice for families and small groups.
✔️ Easy hiking trail
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Lappish countryside
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
20.05 - 31.10
~ 5 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Take a hike to Auttiköngäs waterfalls and enjoy a day in Finnish nature.
Auttiköngäs are gorgeous cascade waterfalls located just one-hour drive from Rovaniemi. They are settled in a protected old forest, surrounded by lush Finish vegetation. We will start our tour with hotel pick-up. As we specialize in small-group tours only, you can expect a customized experience. On our one-hour drive along the Kemijoki River, we will pass the Vanttauskoski hydroelectric plant and stop to take photos of lovely landscapes. After a one hour drive and many great photo stops, we will park and get ready for our hike.
The 3.5km hike is moderately easy. There are stairs with paw-friendly boards, so you can bring your dogs too. The circle trail takes you along the waterfalls, through the lush forest, and on top of the hill. After 2km we will stop for snacks by an open fire before we continue to enjoy the serene beauty of Finish landscapes. You will see both sides of the River Auttijoki and enjoy the view from the Könkäänvaara Hill lookout point - the highest peak in the area.
There is a cafe near the parking lot where you can see a small exhibition about log floating. Your English speaking guide will tell you more about it. If you like hiking and want to experience the raw beauty of Finnish forests this tour is a perfect choice for you.
Summer Auttiköngäs hiking, family friendly adventure!
Ancient historical buildings and objects
Perfect tour for photography lovers
Bridge over the forest river
Birds watching tower at summer
First snow at Auttiköngäs, November 2019
Family friendly tour
Auttiköngäs waterfalls, 1 hour from Rovaniemi
✔️ Guided hiking trail 3.5km
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Suitable footwear
⚡ Seasonal outdoor clothing
⚡ Camera and drinking water
❌ Hiking poles
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 48 hours notice – full refund, 20 € cancellation fee will be charged
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice – 100% from the total amount to be charged