20.05 - 31.10
~ 5 hours
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ An easygoing experience - no special skills needed
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish Nature
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Guided hiking trail 3.5km
✔️ Snacks by open fire
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Outdoor clothing, sturdy hiking shoes
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear (if needed)
- Umbrella and mosquito repellent (if needed)
- Camera & drinking water
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
Auttiköngäs waterfalls, 1 hour from Rovaniemi
Ancient historical buildings and objects
Perfect tour for photography lovers
First snow at Auttiköngäs, November 2019
Family friendly tour
Bridge over the forest river
Summer Auttiköngäs hiking, family friendly adventure!
Birds watching tower at summer
About this tour
Take a hike to Auttiköngäs waterfalls and enjoy a day in Finnish nature.
Auttiköngäs are gorgeous cascade waterfalls located just one-hour drive from Rovaniemi. They are settled in a protected old forest, surrounded by lush Finish vegetation. We will start our tour with hotel pick-up. As we specialize in small-group tours only, you can expect a customized experience. On our one-hour drive along the Kemijoki River, we will pass the Vanttauskoski hydroelectric plant and stop to take photos of lovely landscapes. After a one hour drive and many great photo stops, we will park and get ready for our hike.
The 3.5km hike is moderately easy. There are stairs with paw-friendly boards, so you can bring your dogs too. The circle trail takes you along the waterfalls, through the lush forest, and on top of the hill. After 2km we will stop for snacks by an open fire before we continue to enjoy the serene beauty of Finish landscapes. You will see both sides of the River Auttijoki and enjoy the view from the Könkäänvaara Hill lookout point - the highest peak in the area.
There is a cafe near the parking lot where you can see a small exhibition about log floating. Your English speaking guide will tell you more about it. If you like hiking and want to experience the raw beauty of Finnish forests this tour is a perfect choice for you.