01.06 - 15.10
~ 8 hours
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Moderate hiking
✔️ Wild berries season Jul. - Oct.
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Wi-Fi Free zone
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Guided Hiking tour approx. 9 km
✔️ Lunch & hot beverages by the open fire
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Seasonal outdoor clothing and sturdy shoes
- Camera & drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 10 years old
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- Wild berries season July - October
- Midnight sun seasons is during 25.05 - 25.07
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
Hiking the Karhunjuomalampi Trail in the lush old-growth forest of Lusto is an exhilarating experience that is a memorable adventure for everyone. This moderate and exciting hike is approximately 9 kilometers long (circle trip).
Ride from Rovaniemi takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes one way, so we start our journey right after breakfast.
Upon arrival Your guide will lead the way. For the most part of the trail the route is easy, but partly intermediate, due to steep ascents and stairs. For the first 600 meters, the trail runs along the pedestrian and bicycle route running by Pyhäntie Road. Part of the trail runs though varied heath forests, part on the bottom of Isokuru Gorge. The altitude differences are challenging and the number of stairs at both ends of the ravine is high. However, the trail is easy to follow. Via the northern slopes of the summit of Kultakero, a gravel trail will take you past Pyhätunturi Hotel and along Kultakerontie Road, we will arrive at the visitor centre. The trail presents the hikers with a splendid cross section of local geology, as there are ancient stones shaped by waves along the trail. These stones remind the hikers of the fact that the fells are part of an ancient seabed. From this trail, there are connections to the Tunturiaapa Nature Trail and the Pyhä-Luosto Hiking Trail.
When blueberry season is in full swing (July - October), the trail is blooming with scrumptious delights sure to please everyone.
Please note the tour operates in ALL weather conditions.