Hiking the Karhunjuomalampi Trail in the lush old-growth forest of Luosto is an exhilarating experience that is a memorable adventure for everyone. This moderate and exciting hike is approximately 9 kilometers long (circle trip).
✔️ Adults only
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Lappish countryside
✔️ Small group experience
01.06 - 15.10
~ 8 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Hiking the Karhunjuomalampi Trail in the lush old-growth forest of Lusto is an exhilarating experience that is a memorable adventure for everyone. This moderate and exciting hike is approximately 9 kilometers long (circle trip).
Ride from Rovaniemi takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes one way, so we start our journey right after breakfast.
Upon arrival Your guide will lead the way. For the most part of the trail the route is easy, but partly intermediate, due to steep ascents and stairs. For the first 600 meters, the trail runs along the pedestrian and bicycle route running by Pyhäntie Road. Part of the trail runs though varied heath forests, part on the bottom of Isokuru Gorge. The altitude differences are challenging and the number of stairs at both ends of the ravine is high. However, the trail is easy to follow. Via the northern slopes of the summit of Kultakero, a gravel trail will take you past Pyhätunturi Hotel and along Kultakerontie Road, we will arrive at the visitor centre. The trail presents the hikers with a splendid cross section of local geology, as there are ancient stones shaped by waves along the trail. These stones remind the hikers of the fact that the fells are part of an ancient seabed. From this trail, there are connections to the Tunturiaapa Nature Trail and the Pyhä-Luosto Hiking Trail.
When blueberry season is in full swing (July - October), the trail is blooming with scrumptious delights sure to please everyone.
Please note the tour operates in ALL weather conditions.
✔️ Guided Hiking tour approx. 9 km
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Suitable footwear
⚡ Seasonal outdoor clothing
⚡ Camera and drinking water
❌ Hiking poles
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 10 years old
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- Wild berries season July - October
- Midnight sun seasons is during 25.05 - 25.07
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 48 hours notice – full refund, 20 € cancellation fee will be charged
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice – 100% from the total amount to be charged