25.05 - 25.07
~ 3 hours
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ An easygoing experience - no special skills required!
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Family friendly
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking naturalist guide
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Dinner by the open fire
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Mosquito repellent
- Camera and drinking water
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
Midnight Sun Rovaniemi, July
About this tour
It's past midnight, the sun is on the horizon, and you are eating delicious dinner by an open fire. Sounds like a dream? The Midnight sun in northernmost part of Finland is a most popular natural occurrence of the year. This is the time to celebrate daylight, summer, and love. So, what are you waiting for?
The sun will not set for almost 70 days in Northern Finland and the sun will be visible in these parts at the hour of midnight and beyond. It describes the midnight sun as a natural phenomenon.
We will start our tour with hotel pickup. Even though you can enjoy the beautiful sunny nights anywhere in Lapland, we like out midnight sun experience to be as special as it can. So, we're taking you to the top of the Santavaara Hill, just 25 minutes’ drive from Rovaniemi. We will take a hike through a small forest and set up a campfire to keep warm, but also to cook delicious dinner. Summer is our favorite time of the year, for it is the time when we are the most active. As you experience midnight sun you will start to feel energized, awake and fully in touch with yourself and your surroundings. Did you know that some believe midnight sun is a perfect time for shamanic healings? On this relaxing tour we will stick to the good old fun by the open fire, and help ourselves to sparkling wine. Since midnight sun occurs during berry season, we will go berry picking and taste delicious wild berries, straight from the Finnish forest. We might see wild, but friendly Arctic animals, such as moose, reindeers, and many wild birds.
Your guide will prepare tasty snacks by an open fire, we will pick berries together, and salute to daylight after midnight. This is one of the rarest natural phenomena, and a total bucket list experience, so whatever you do, don't miss out witnessing this rare occurrence.