25.05 - 31.10
~ 6 hours
✔️ Moderate hiking
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish Nature
✔️ WiFi free zone
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Transportation during journey
✔️ Customized 7km hiking adventure
✔️ Lunch by open fire
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Sturdy shoes and good socks
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Camera and drinking water
- Mosquito repellent (if needed)
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 10 years old.
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- Wild berries season July - October
- Average temperature: May +8°C, June +13°C, July +15°C, August +12°C, September +8°C, October +1°C
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
Fallen and dry Lappish pine tree
Wild berries along the nature trail
Wooden hut, time to relax
Sunny Lappish forest
Kätkävaara nature trail map
Nature trail, soooo beautiful at summer
Lappish BBQ hut at Kätkävaara
Stone field at Kätkävaara hill top
About this tour
Challenge yourself to the Kätkävaara Nature Hike Trail where you’ll experience the beauty of wild Finnish nature!
Following the river of Kemijoki, we will travel to southern Lapland and experience the breathtaking beauty of Finnish landscapes. This is a fairly long trip, as we will travel 55km from Rovaniemi to Kätkävaara Nature Center.
We will take you on a guided hike to Kätkävaara Nature Path where you'll see lush Nordic vegetation and observe arctic animals in their natural habitat. The hike itself is challenging, but we will do everything we can to make the entire experience as comfortable as we can. Expect rocky areas, muddy trails and steep sections, especially in the second part of the hike. On this 7km guided hike, you will have a personal guide, and an opportunity to learn more about the Finish wilderness.
The trail itself is famous for berries. You can find blueberries, cranberries, as well as various mushrooms. It's safe to pick them in the summer months, and the beginning of fall, but it's not advisable to do that without consulting your guide. If the weather is nice and dry, we can go swimming in the Arctic Kätkä-lake. This area is also known for plenty of lakes and creeks and busy fishing spots.
Wild berries season July - September.
While we enjoy the hike, we will tell you more about vegetation - plants and flowers and tell you more about arctic and forest animals. Halfway through the trail, we will reach the top of Kätkävaara fell where we will rest, relax and enjoy a delicious meal. As we eat our lunch we will talk about old Northern Finland, nature, animals and just simply decompress and enjoy the view.