Are you ready to dig your own amethyst gemstone in a real sustainable mine? Come join us for a Pyhä luosto hiking tour where we will visit one of the rare mines that welcomes visitors.
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Lappish countryside
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ The tour is family friendly
28.05 - 30.10
~ 6 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Are you ready to dig your own amethyst gemstone in a real sustainable mine? Come join us for a Pyhä Luosto tour where we will visit one of the rare mines that welcomes visitors.
We will start our tour with hotel pick up. It takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get there. While we enjoy our road trip we will make a stop to take some great photos of the beautiful Lappish landscapes. Once we get there, we will get ready for our memorable trip.
The first part of our adventure includes a 2.5km hike to the top of Lampivaara hill. It takes about 30-40 minutes to get there. On top of this hill, you will find one of the rarest mines in the world, possibly the only one that welcomes visitors. The first amethyst rocks were formed 2000 million years ago. Nowadays, they can be found in this sustainable mine on top of the hill. The legend says that the amethyst stone protects the one who carries it with its pure light energy. The stones have a lovely purple color, which makes them unique. You will have a rare opportunity to dig your own Lampivaara amethyst. And of course, you get to take the lucky amethyst stone with you!
The mine is located near the Luosto recreation center, a lovely National Park famous for beautiful landscapes and lush Finish vegetation. No cars are allowed here, so you can enjoy peace and quiet while your guide tells you more about the ancient legends of this purple colored gem. You will also hear interesting stories about the history of Lapland and learn more about the geology of this area. The storytelling part involves drinks, including the refreshing berry juice.
Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
✔️ One amethyst stone per person
✔️ Guided amethyst mine tour
✔️ Amethyst mine entrance tickets
✔️ Transportation during your journey
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Seasonal outdoor clothing
⚡ Camera and drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Maximum group size is 8 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- Wild berries and mushroom season July - October
- Average temperature: May +8°C, June +13°C, July +15°C, August +12°C, September +8°C, October +1°C
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 48 hours notice – full refund, 20 € cancellation fee will be charged
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice – 100% from the total amount to be charged