01.12 - 15.04
~ 3 hours
✔️ Husky sleigh ride
✔️ The tour is family friendly
✔️ A visit to the Husky park
✔️ Learning more about Huskies and life in the North
✔️ An easygoing experience - no special skills required!
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Glide through snow, along forest, swamp and frozen lake
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Entrance tickets to Husky Park
✔️ Safety instructions
✔️ Husky ride 2km
✔️ Guided tour on the husky farm
✔️ Hot berry juice around the campfire at the farm
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Camera & drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Maximum group size is 16 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
The start of the dog sledding tour. Are you ready for an adventure?
Huskies have an extreme urge to run, and run fast!
Husky puppies and adults need quite a bit of attention. They are social and friendly and require some furry and human friends with interaction on a frequent basis.
Siberian huskies can have blue eyes, brown eyes, a mix of both — even one eye of each color.
Huskies were bred mainly for running, and they are able to carry large loads over long periods of time without warmth or even food.
About 3,000 years ago, the nomadic Chukchi Indian tribe of the Siberia region of Russia needed help. Their people traveled the snow and tundra far and wide in search of food and survival, and needed help transporting their goods.
This dog's name is Manta, she humbly waits for her turn to run in harness :)
It is easy to see why many are drawn to the Siberian’s wolf-like looks
The Siberian Husky is a beautiful dog breed with a thick coat that comes in a multitude of colors and markings.
Husky dog, Lapland
About this tour
Experience the thrill of a Husky sleigh ride on the crystal white snow.
Join us for a Husky safari and visit the Husky Farm where you can play with puppies, learn more about the life in the North, and have an adventure of a lifetime.
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the Husky farm. It takes about 25 minutes to get there and we will make the most of our time by getting to know each other. As we specialize in private tours, we aim to give your guests a customized experience. We'll do our best to keep you entertained!
As we arrive at the farm you will have a chance to meet the professional dog mushers who compete in international races. They will be the ones controlling your sleigh, so you can sit back and relax and let the Huskies take you on a ride to remember. After the safety briefing, it's time for the highlight of your Lappish experience - a Husky sleigh ride! The ride is 2km long and it takes about 15 minutes to skim through the splendid snow-covered fields. Dogs are used to cold environment and racing comes naturally to them. Remember, they enjoy these rides as much as you do and they will be happy to take you on this unique safari.
After the short and sweet ride, it's time to warm up with some berry juice n a cozy little hut. You will have a tour of the park and meet other dogs too. These Huskies are very well taken care of and they are more than happy to meet you.