Get ready for a full day adventure in Finland's magical nature.
Start your day by meeting the Arctic animals in the northernmost zoo in the world, and then take a hike to lovely Auttiköngäs waterfalls.
20.05 - 31.10
~ 7.5 hours
- The tour is family friendly
- Small group experience
- Free WiFi during adventure
- An easygoing experience - no special skills required!
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Zoo entrance tickets
- Buffet lunch in the restaurant
- Guided hiking Auttiköngäs Trails tour
- Complimentary snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Drinking water
- Umbrella and mosquito repellent (if needed)
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received:
Get ready for a full day adventure in Finland's magical nature. Start your day by meeting the Arctic animals in the northernmost zoo in the world, and then take a hike to lovely Auttiköngäs waterfalls.
Our full day zoo and waterfalls adventure starts with a hotel pick-up. We only work with small groups as we want everyone to have an authentic experience. Our local English speaking guide will be available to you every step of the way, so don't hesitate to ask questions. It takes about an hour to get to Rauna Zoo, a unique wildlife park that provides a home for more than 200 animals. In the guided tour of the zoo, you will get a chance to see polar and brown bears, gray wolves, geese, owls, foxes, lynxes, minks and more. There are about 50 different species living in this forest zoo. After the tour, we will have a lunch in a cozy restaurant and have some time off to enjoy the nature and visit souvenir shops.
We continue our tour by taking a 45-minute drive to Auttiköngäs Waterfalls. These gorgeous cascade waterfalls are located in lush intact Finnish forests, where the only man-made constructions are stairs along the trail and wooden hut where we will take our break. The 3.5km circle trail takes us along the waterfalls, into the forest and to the Könkäänvaara Hill - a lookout point from which you can see the dense green foliage and splashing Auttijoki river. Your local guide will tell you about the rich flora and fauna and point our friendly animals we will meet along the way. We will stop for snacks and hot drinks and recuperate before we pack up and drive back.