This tour offers the opportunity to try out the most popular activities in Lapland during the same program: snowmobile safari, and both reindeer and husky rides.
✔️ Ride snowmobiles, reindeers and huskies
✔️ Lappish countryside
✔️ Use of winter clothes to keep warm
✔️ The tour is family friendly
01.12 - 31.03
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This tour offers the opportunity to try out the most popular activities in Lapland during the same program: snowmobile safari, reindeer and husky rides.
We start the tour by snowmobiles, where you have a chance to ride your own snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. You will enjoy the beautiful wintry scenery whilst driving and make some short stops where opportunities for photos are abundant. We will make a stop at the local reindeer farm where you will get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony.
After snowmobiling we will go to the local husky camp to find out more about dog sledding in the Arctic. As a highlight of the experience, you will get to ride in the sled pulled by a team of excited and sporty huskies. Warm drinks are served at the same time when you hear stories about the dogs, their breeds, pedigrees and daily life in the kennel. You can pet the dogs and take a lot of photos.
Duration of the program is 4 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village.
You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
✔️ Visit to the husky farm and a sleigh ride pulled by a husky team (2 km, 7 - 10 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories and interesting facts about the husky dog and its life.
✔️ Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (700 m, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life, and an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time here is approximately 1 hour. Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 - 40 minutes.
✔️ Arctic outer clothing
✔️ Safety and driving instructions
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
⚡ Driving License
⚡ Warm layers
⚡ Camera and drinking water
- Starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 person paying a full price. The prices includes transfers from Rovaniemi city center and the use of thermal outdoor clothing during the safari.
- Snowmobile safaris start and end at Wild Nordic office located in Santa Claus Village. If you wish, you can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa after the safari.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woolen socks, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all the activities which involve snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy and photos are suitable.
- All snowmobiles are insured, liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900€. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for 15€ you can reduce your self liability to 150€.
- If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you a quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
- The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 3 days notice – full refund, 20€ cancellation fee will be charged
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event