Let us take you away from the city to see the magical dancing Northern Lights. Learn more about this rare phenomenon and capture some awesome photos!
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Northern lights hunt
✔️ Budget option
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ The tour is family friendly
15.09 - 10.04
~ 3 hours
~ 20:30 or 21:00
ABOUT THIS TOUR
This 3-hour tour includes transportation, guidance, storytelling and hot sausages by the campfire. Learn about Nordic myths and see the colorful lights fire up the sky.
The best time of the year to see the Northern Lights in Finland is between September and April. In Lapland, you can see the lights for 200 nights a year. Contrary to popular belief lights appear in autumn and spring, even summer too, but you can't see them unless the sky is pitch black. That's why we take you on away from the city lights to see the majestic Aurora light show.
Aurora hunt lasts for 3 hours. We'll pick you up from your hotel in Rovaniemi and take you to our secluded country location where we'll sit by an open fire and wait for the lights. Snacks and drinks are included, so help yourself to sausages cooked on the open fire and recuperate with some hot tea. In a cozy atmosphere by an open fire, you will learn more about the Northern Lights, why they appear and learn about ancient Aurora legends.
The most popular myth in Finland involves the story about a fast Firefox that ran so quickly its tail sent sparks into the sky creating the Northern Lights. Others say that the lights appear in the sky whenever the whales splash water. Find out more about these Nordic myths as you wait for the lights to start swirling in the sky.
Please note that Aurora sights are not guaranteed. Even when the solar activity is right and the timing is perfect, we still need to be lucky to see the lights.
✔️ Northern lights (if we’re lucky and if the weather’s right)
✔️ Minibus transport
✔️ Hot drinks and cookies
✔️ Professional English speaking Aurora expert
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Camera & tripod
✔️ Warm layers
✔️ Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Northern Lights season September - April
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions