What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about traditional Finnish adventure? Northern lights hunting, Finnish sauna, or traditional Lappish dinner in a cozy wooden cottage away from the city buzz? Correct! On this tour you will get all of the above and even a little more!
✔️ Finnish sauna
✔️ Arctic lake
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Year around guaranteed daily departures
✔️ No special skills required
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ The tour is family friendly
~ 4 hours
~13:00 and 17:00
ABOUT THIS TOUR
Winter, summer, midnight or evening, the joy of sauna bathing is a totally delightful event.
Sauna bathing has become such a deeply ingrained Finnish tradition that not even the difficult circumstances have been able to interrupt or alter it. It is a part of Finnish culture, customs and social pattern, passed inevitably from one generation to the next.
The sauna effect is created by making the body hot throughout, almost like simulation a fever. This high temperature, coupled with the tranquil view and the later breathing of the stimulation lake air creates the benevolent effect always associated with sauna.
The greatest time to see the Northern Lights is between October and April. You need fair skies, pitch black nights and some luck to see the dancing lights in the sky. To make the entire experience extraordinary we will take you a traditional Finnish sauna on a private Arctic lake. Let's make this an adventure of a lifetime! All you need is luck, dark and clear night.
While we wait for the lights we will prepare the sauna. Once the sauna is all set up it's your time to relax. Let the heat purify your body as the mellow wintery magic of Lapland purifies your soul. Let go of the stress and enjoy the presence of your loved ones. While we do our best to prepare you for an evening in the wilderness, it's up to you decide how you want to spend your time. The classic Nordic way is to spend 10-15 minutes in the sauna and then jump into ice cold water, or even a big pile of crystal white snow! A cold plunge after a steamy session increases your blood flow, relieves pressure and boosts up your endorphin levels! After this unique Finnish spa experience, it's time to get back to our little cozy wooden cottage to enjoy Blazed salmon dinner by a fireplace.
The Northern Lights hunting is one of the most popular things to do in Finland. Seeing flickering shades of blue, green, violet and sometimes even crimson red is one of the most epic adventures you can have. Aurora sights are never guaranteed, as nature is unpredictable. So, that makes this experience even more special. The thrill of the chase, an amazing sauna experience and a traditional dinner in a wooden cottage by the private arctic lake are what we call The best of Lapland.
✔️ Non-alcohol beverages
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Unforgettable experience and only positive emotions
✔️ Hot drinks and cookies
✔️ *Northern Lights (Oct. - Mar), if lucky and weather is right, evening departure ONLY
✔️ Dinner cooked on the open fire
✔️ Towels, slippers for the sauna
✔️ Arctic Lake swimming (ice-swimming in Winter time)
✔️ Firewood sauna experience 2 hours
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Swimming suit
✔️ Camera and drinking water
❌ Swimming suit
- ⚠️ Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari. All you need is luck, dark and clear night.
- That is impossible to see the northern lights on a day's departure (13:00). But you will have a great opportunity to take daytime photos and enjoy our place in the daylight.
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- Northern Lights season September - April
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
Cancellation terms 2020-2021(See all terms here)
- More than 48 hours notice – full refund, 20 € cancellation fee will be charged
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice – 100% from the total amount to be charged