01.12 - 01.04
~ 3 hours
✔️ 3-hour-long program
✔️ Small group experience
✔️ Ice fishing in a secluded frozen lake
✔️ Enjoy beautiful natural surrounds
✔️ Fish for grayling
✔️ Winter clothing
✔️ Ice fishing equipment
✔️ Instructions and tips
✔️ Hot drinks and snacks
✔️ Experienced Guide
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Winter jacket and comfortable pants
- Sturdy shoes and warm socks
- Camera and drinking water
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Maximum group size is 16 person
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- More than 48 hours notice - 90% refund
- Less than 48 hours or no show notice - No refund
- As we start to incur costs from the time the contract is confirmed we will apply cancellation charges as shown below from the time when written notification of the cancellation is received
About this tour
You’ll be collected from your accommodation in Central Rovaniemi and driven to a secluded lake about 20-30 minutes from the city. After you arrive, you’ll be given all the warm clothes and equipment needed for what’s ahead.
When you’re ready, you’ll wander onto the thick layer of ice covering the lake. Your guide will help you drill a hole through the ice and will give you tips about how to best attract grayling in the frigid conditions. The groups are small, so you’ll get plenty of individual attention from the guide and you can ask as many questions as you wish. Pro Tip: Techniques that you might have learned/seen from fishing in warmer weather won’t necessarily work!
You’ll spend the next hour sitting on the tranquil frozen lake with your rod in hand. While the ice fishing is the main event, the surrounding nature is beautiful and peaceful. So be sure to take a moment to soak in the relaxing atmosphere as you chase a bite.
After an hour, you’ll head back to the shore to warm up. You’ll get some hot snacks and drinks and can enjoy them by an open campfire. It’s a great opportunity to relax in the quiet wintry forest and to take some photos of your beautiful surrounds. You can cook anything that you’ve caught over the campfire too!
Finally, you’ll jump back into the comfortable minivan for the return trip to your accommodation in Central Rovaniemi.