This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland wilderness. The tour takes you further from the usual safari trails as we ride our snowmobiles in the north direction from Santa Claus Village.
✔️ Adults only
✔️ Enjoy the beauty of Lappish nature
✔️ Use of winter clothes to keep warm
01.12 - 01.04
~ 8 hours
ABOUT THIS TOUR
The journey takes us through the beautiful winter forest and over frozen swampland. We make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes. There will be a longer break for a delicious lunch, which fills you with extra energy for the afternoon ahead. This also an excellent moment for having an informative chat with your friendly guide, who is happy to share knowledge on life in the Arctic areas.
There are hundreds of kilometers of snowmobile trails to choose from and the guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way your guide will make sure that small wonders of the nature, like animal tracks, will not be unnoticed. In the afternoon we take a coffee break in the forest and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
Please note you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have a long snowmobile ride. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for extra charge. Single riding is much more enjoyable due to the nature and duration of the tour. Adults only!
✔️ Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire plus a snack break in the wilderness during the ride
✔️ Arctic outer clothing
✔️ Safety and driving instructions
✔️ Professional English speaking guide
✔️ Snacks by the open fire
✔️ Hotel pickup & drop off
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Driving License
✔️ Warm layers
❌ Gratitude (optional)
- Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- Snowmobile safaris start and end at Wild Nordic office located in Santa Claus Village. If you wish, you can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa after the safari.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 person paying a full price. The prices includes transfers from Rovaniemi city center and the use of thermal outdoor clothing during the safari.
- The prices include all described activities, services and equipment. You will also receive a thermal overall, boots, gloves and woollen socks, unless mentioned otherwise.
- Guidance is in English, other languages are available on request basis with possible supplement of 39€/hour on weekdays and 55€/hour on Sundays or bank holidays.
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driving license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland). For all the activities which involve snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving license with you. Also a copy and photos are suitable.
- All snowmobiles are insured, liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is 900€. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for 15€ you can reduce your self liability to 150€.
- If you have additional questions then please check our FAQ page – it gives you a quick overview about the questions we’re asked most frequently. If you can’t find your answer there, feel free to contact us!
- The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.